Since I am a first-time blogger and new to all of this, I have decided to make a random post about all of my favorites. Here goes, people:
1. My husband, JT, of course--he is mi numero uno! He is so funny, witty, easy-going, fun-loving, smart, and most of all, he is the kindest man I know. Dean, you are the second kindest!
2. My family - they are the best. We always have such a good time when we get together, especially when all of my siblings can be together. I am also so very grateful for JT's family--they are wonderful, we feel so blessed.
3. I love our Kaysville Tuesdays! It's like a mini-family reunion each week, and Davis keeps us entertained and laughing all night.
4. I love bread, in fact, here is a confession...I ate 8 biscuits with my dinner last week. Yep, that's right, 8 biscuits, I even added a slice of butter on top of each one before I baked them. :) JT only had two!
5. Since I am on the subject of food, I soooo love Rosa's tortillas and queso from back home. Yum! In high school we would all go to Rosa's for lunch and order a dozen tortillas and a large queso--it is a complete meal--and it is pure perfection.
6. I love running, especially when I don't have to wake up at 5 am to do it, huh Beth?! ;) But seriously, running first thing in the morning is awesome. Just as long as I get at least 6 hours of sleep before...which never happens!
7. Sleeping in! I love love love to sleep in. I know, it's bad. But at least I don't sleep in until 11 am like Jake does when he is here! (I know, the room in the basement is dark, you can't help it, yeah, yeah...)
8. I love the sun! I can't imagine life without it.
9. I love living in Utah. It's kinda far from Texas, but I love the mountains, the views when running, the hiking, the lakes, etc. I just don't like the traffic and more importantly the poorly planned roads...
10. I should have mentioned my Grandma Martha earlier. She is a fave of mine! She is so kind, funny, witty, and very loving. She will be 96 this Christmas Eve and still lives by herself and she is such a strong, independant woman. She stays up until 2 0r 3 in the morning reading books, and I think that's cool. She has a great laugh.
11. I love the smell of fresh laundry, it makes everything feel clean!
12. And I love freshly laundered sheets on my bed--and I use lotsa fabric softener, too. I swear I get better quality sleep on the nights when I have fresh, clean sheets on my bed. Try it.
13. I love my job. It's so much fun to talk all day and contribute to safe skies as an air traffic controller. Plus, I get paid to be bossy - it's a win-win, everyone!
14. I love being Aunt Janny to my neices and nephews, and I love being Granny Janny to little Davis (you can thank JT for that nickname), and soon to be Landon--less than one month, Melissa!!
15. I love movies and movie popcorn! Last week JT and I saw The Proposal. We ate the entire large popcorn just minutes into the movie. When we left we got our free refill and ate it all in the car while we ran errands. He adds a LOT of butter...
16. Yoga and Pilates - mind, body, soul. What more could you ask for in a workout?! And I really like it when I get the substitute yoga teacher that says things like "Open your heart to the world, love everyone, accept everyone, embrace challenging situations, your heart has an emerald green beam that radiates to everyone around you, etc. etc." She is so into it, but I like it. I especially like doing impressions of her to JT. He kinda sorta doesn't like it as much as I do...
17. I love mountain biking, even though I suck at it. I have been named a downhill wus, and then I was named a downhill safety specialist. I just don't want to break any bones, people! I gotta run or I will get fat, especially if I keep eating 8 biscuits with dinner. And seriously, I was called a downhill wus after riding one of the hardest rides around, Wasatch Crest, so cut me some slack, hubby! :)
18. I love being a passenger and not having to drive when I am wih JT. It's so cool, I get to do so much--text friends, call my mom and Julie, balance my checkbook, clean out my purse, schedule dentist appts., everything, including closing my eyes a little bit.
19. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot to mention my favorite colors--chocolate brown and avocado/celery/olive green shades!! Our house just happens to have them all over, at least my house will be less tan because of it...
20. I love my bff, Laura. We talk about everything--she has always been there for me, especially during the hard times. She is real. And so funny!
21. I love romantic movies, LOVE! I can't wait to see the Time Travelers Wife. With popcorn. Buttered. And a refill. :)
22. Mom, I love you. You are a favorite--these are in no particular order, you know, except for number one. You may think you are a retired social worker, but you are still the social worker of the family :) You crack me up. You make the best brownies with the yummiest candy bars melted right into them. You play the Black Hawk Waltz for me and Julie. And you give the best advice on beauty products, you should write a column or something. You will always be my Mama Joe! And, you are practically a celebrity, because you know Sheri Dew! -Wink- We will be you and Bobby's chauffeur any day! Come visit!
23. Donna, I love it how you tell me how stupid I was for just running 18 miles! It always makes me laugh when you say that. You are such a wonderful mom and mother in law, and you tell it like it is, I love it! JT and I love listening to you and Dean.
24. Ohmygosh! How could I forget to say how much I love the occasional Friday night after work when I order a large pepperoni deep dish form Pizza Hut. If I call right when I leave work it will be ready once I get to Draper. And then I get to eat it all the way home! Yum!
25. Okay, Beth--this one's for you. You are the best running partner--you are so encouraging, so funny, and you always have such great conversation starters, especially on the long runs. And you didn't hate me when I accidentally slept in a couple of mornings a while back. I am better at that, huh? And I love it that we talk about everything, happy stuff and sad stuff, exciting news, and things that freak us out. Like the white-out serial killer...
26. I love Morgan, Samantha, Hunter, and TJ's laughs---they all sounds the same, and when they laugh in unison, it is so awesome! Maybe I could learn how to laugh like you.. :)
27. I love my sister, Julie, the newly appointed 5K organizer!! You are such a giver---you are always doing something for someone else, and I love that about you. You are always up for lunch with me, and I love it. I love your taste in decorating, clothes, etc. I copy you a LOT! But you copy me too, right?!
28. I love Costco!!! Best products, best customer service, best return policies, yummiest bagged salads I have ever found, especially the Cherry Almond Bleu, everyone try it!! I never leave empty-handed. I went to two different Costco's today. Sandy and then Lehi, because the Sandy one was out of something I needed. And I even went to the Sandy Costco yesterday. Yikes! Addiction...
29. Dad and Linda. You are some serious dancers, it is so cool! I love it that you danced at the wedding as much as you did, it made me mucho happy! I love you both!
30. I love McCall, Mason and Rowan, they are so dang cute. Once they all came over and we were taking goofy pictures and Rowan really wanted to get into the bathtub, so all 3 kids got in the bathtub for a picture (fully clothed, and no water) and I told them "Everyone hug" and it was so cute---they all hugged themselves, not each other! Adorable.
Wow! I can't belive I made the list! Janet you're awesome. I don't think you know how much of a difference you have made in my life. Can't wait for the race on Saturday!-Cheers!
ReplyDeleteHurray you finally have a blog!!!
ReplyDelete