Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lindsay Jane













Lindsay Jane is here!!! The delivery went great despite some extremely painful contractions, but once I had an epidural it was smooth sailing. I was induced on July 30, 5 days after my due date. Little Lindsay weighed 8 lbs., 6 ounces and was 20.5 inches long and was born at 4:15 pm. She has a lot of dark hair--we can't believe it! She is absolutely darling and it has been so much fun watching her grow! Although she had to be placed in the NICU for 3 days (long, sad story...), she is now completely healthy, perfectly happy and amazingly beautiful! And I am not being biased. :)
She is a great baby and sleeps really well in her little bassinet right by our bed---I only have to wake up 1-2 times each night to feed her. Which is much better than the 5 times a night it was for the first week or so.
She loves her sister Lydia and brothers James, Matt and Joel. She was born an Aunt to little Davis and Landon--we hope they will protect her when they get older. She has two sister in laws, Mary and Melissa who she has met already. In fact, little Lindsay will really get to know Matt and Melissa, Davis and Landon because they will help watch Lindsay when I go back to work. Which happens in a week and a half. Yikes. Not sure if I am ready to leave my little girl for over 8 hours!
I think Lindsay resembles me a lot. Not so much what I look like now, but she looks really similar to a lot of my baby pictures. She does a lot of things like me--she likes to sleep a lot, when she is hungry, she is HUNGRY!! She is an excellent burper, perhaps better than me, and she even sleeps like me with her arms up over her head. She smiles a lot in her sleep and we like to think that she is having sweet dreams. :)
JT is such a great dad. He loves holding his little girl and talking to her. He is even teaching/brainwashing her with his repetitive "I love daddy" phrases. Cute. Kinda. I like to think she will say mama first, but I bet I am wrong! JT also gets the best burps out of her, it is a real talent.
Lindsay has also met all of her cousins except for Wendy and Bret's children and she really likes all of the attention they give her. And she has met Debbie Grandma, Bobby Grandpa and of course Grandpa Dean and Grandma Donna. She will get to meet Grandpa Bob and Grandma Linda over the Christmas holidays when they visit. She loves to be held!
JT and I feel overwhelmingly blessed right now. Not only do we have the cutest baby girl ever, but we have felt so much love and support from family and friends, neighbors and strangers. We feel extremely spoiled!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I'm amazed you got so many shots with her eyes open! You guys are such a cute little family! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete